Monday, August 6, 2012

Waiting for that rumored Olympus 60mm 2.8 macro

I love bugs.

They're strange, they're cool, they're fun to hunt.  Plus, for someone like me (who lives in a place pretty much devoid of great scenery), they give lots of photo opportunities when I can't go take photos of great, sweeping vistas.

So I, along with a lot of other m43 enthusiasts, await the rumored Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macro lens.
Not to down the excellent Panasonic 45mm macro, but I want a bit longer reach for bugs.

Until then, I must say I absolutely enjoy using the Olympus 45mm 1.8 as a temporary solution.  This lens is sharp!

Upward Ascent

The above photo also took great advantage of the rear LCD on the OM-D - the camera was almost smashed against the ground, pointing straight upward.  I missed focus slightly, but still the photo looks great.

Here's a 100% crop of the above scene - No special sharpening routines done to it yet (default Lightroom 4.1)

100% crop

As to why I would want a 60mm macro over a 45mm?  Well, every little bit helps, especially when we're talking things like this!...

Gathering for the nest - very large crop

No comments:

Post a Comment