Thursday, February 23, 2012

It Arrives, or -- UPS Can't come soon enough

I certainly can't be the only person in the world that tracks UPS (or FedEx) shipments with almost religious fervor.  Surely someone else out there is just as sick as I am? :)

So last night I was reviewing lenses in the fast medium telephoto range (70-200 etc) and finally decided to give the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 a change to become part of my kit.  I bemoaned the fact my A77 would arrive tomorrow, but surely my Tamron I would have to wait another day (I hate waiting on UPS trucks, especially multiple trucks over multiple days).

On a whim I check Amazon and realize I have less than 1 hour to order, and next day shipping will in fact arrive to my home.  My palms get sweaty and I start chuckling like a little kid who's found a great stash of candy and nobody else knows about it.

So today I fervently check the tracking on not one but two UPS packages - Maybe they're even in different trucks, since they left the distro center at different times.

God bless my poor wife - I often call her to say "hey listen out for the UPS truck" because the Smitty household does not miss shipments, no sir!

Okay, back to refresh the shipping page.

No comments:

Post a Comment